But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

1.06.2005

What's what

So I had orientation for my first job yesterday. Drove and operated a forklift for the first time, that was scarier than I thought it would be. I start training sunday night.

I've decided to cut things off with my sometime long-distance love interest. Well in all fairness I guess she's the one that cut things off. She wont return my phone calls. She's done this before but that was back when she was battling her drug-problems. I'd wait a couple of weeks and then call her again and she'd be happy as hell to talk to me. I dont know what's caused it this time. And I dare not think on it too much. It's a hard fought battle everyday not to try and call but I need to do this...I need to start thinking of a future without her. If she calls me which is doubtful, I'll probably be right back where I started. This will be hard but I've taken measures to help soften the blow.

Two songs come to mind: Damien Rice's "Volcano" and The Shins "Gone for Good"

The script for Tussle is coming along nicely. I've given myself till the 10th to finish the first draft which will then be sent out to some peers.

I also sent in a response to a local casting call, the film sounds fun so we'll see.

Details are coming together rather quickly for the NY spring break trip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's the advice I would've given if it weren't for the instinct to shoot the messenger. It drags out and fades, but can come back in strangely defeating ways if you don't walk away.

If you need a place to drink, I've got no things planned for this week's end (except Sunday).

-Brock