But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

1.02.2005

Adventure

I've got to make a decision but I've made it before. And neither option has had permanence.

But the possibility of an adventure looms on the horizon with an odd companion. But somehow it makes sense. The kind of sense that leaving for Corpus Christi with a weeks notice made. Strangely enough I find myself in the same situation that I was then. But that decision was one of the better decisions I've made in the past couple of years. This adventure in question is a long way off a year.5, to be somewhat precise.

Would'nt that be great if I could spend the rest of my life just going off on these little adventures living in different places for just long enough to become fond of the place. But adventurin' no way to have a family, so they say. And sometime in my life I do want a family. I'd like it to be soon enough that my father is alive to be a grandfather. Thats something he's wanted for a long time and I've felt bad that he's had to wait as long as he has. But I wont rush things along just for his sake. It will be awhile before I'm ready for all that. I still got too much dreamin to do.

Anybody know the best way to the Big City?

No comments: