But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

1.04.2005

Adventure 2

I'm still pretty excited by the idea of my next adventure. I called my Man in the Big City today and started arrangements to not only get some recon from him but to plan our first scouting mission. Which will be relatively soon, Spring break to be more precise. He said room and board will be supplied. Excellent. I hope I can keep the excitement level up enough so that I'll be good about prepping for the adventure over such a long period. I'm not very good at that. So I'll have to make sure that there's plenty of adventurin in the pre-adventure, scout mission as well as scouting.

There are somethings I know I wont be able to prepare for until I get an eye on what I'm gonna be up against. I think the cold will be more of a factor than I'd like to admit. I've never experienced being all that cold for more than a week or two at a time. I'm excited about walking and subwaying all over the place. One thing I'll have to do is meet up with some surfers so they can get me out to the beach at least once or twice while I'm up there. There's gotta be some decent spots within a couple of hours of driving up there.

I'm excited to meet New Yorkers...come to think of it I've never really known any born 'n raised NYers very well, if at all. I'm also excited for them to meet me. I think I'm more of a Texan/Cowboy than I'd like to admit.

I really need to go to sleep like 3 hours ago. But I got my self all worked up again. I got orientation for my forklifting job tomorrow earlier than anything I've had to get up for in as long as I care to remember. I'm gonna have a real job again.

So I'll do the same thing I did last time: Write.

No comments: