But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

2.21.2005

Ketchup

So letsee lots happened other than the man pulling his own card.

About 2 weeks ago I busted up the once healthy right knee diving for a ball on the basketball court. I've yet to get an MRI. I'm pretty sure surgery will be necessary.

I felt really shitty about it. Knock you down depression was looming. But help came from where it should. I got my sore ass to go workout despite the pain a week later just to see if I could. After a little warm up the pain was gone but still no full range of motion. So I'm plugged into my onboard workout maching TV and watching this DOC on George Foreman and I watch him takedown Joe Frazier. I was in awe and invigorated at the same time. They kept showing it over and over and I was just overwhelmed by the sight of it I realized I was going ridiculously fast on the workout machine so I slowed down but keep a nice steady pace. I had to squeeze the handles so hard I was afraid they would break. Boxing's been on the brain because of that and because of my recent reviewing of Michael Mann's Ali.

Which leads to this:


I'm really tempted to buy it but I put the first disc in my Netflix queue to make sure it has staying power. But the more I remember how much my family and I enjoyed watching the more I realize I must have it NOW!

So yeah that's that and a cold kept me from jumping headlong into the oft-too delayed script work. But times-a-comin.

Good-night or Good Morning. Either way it's good.

No comments: