But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

2.21.2005

Damn.

Well Hunter's dead and along with him the many heroes he created. Himself a hero? Well hell, I got my own opinion about that and it's very personal and I wouldn't share it unless asked. I mourn the passing of the man Hunter S. Thompson. Not that his current living status affected me all that much even his most recent writings did little more than educate and entertain. But I always had this crazy idea that some day I'd pick up and go hang around the town and bar he frequented for a week or two and hope that he shows up. I would have gone over to him asked him if I could shake his hand and say "thanks." Then I would have driven my self-satisfied ass home. By hippies, sherriffs, and supreme princes alike HST will be missed.

No comments: