But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

6.13.2005

saving lives..

This news that Sigur Ros' is bypassing there Dallas stop on their tour like the do most of the time. Reminds me, when I saved my friend Derik's life. Well some might say.. There was this weird thing of people inexplicably passing out at Sigur Ros' concerts. I was hanging with a good size group of friends till it seemed like one by one they all slowly withdrew into their places throughout the crowd. I backed away to get a better view of the band and ran into my friend Derik and his girlfriend Mae. They eventually wandered a little bit ahead of me. I noticed Derik kind of swaying then Mae had this really scared look on her face. So I ran up there and caught Derik just as he was falling out. I carried him to the nearest exit and he regained consciousness. Derik claimed he was unusually sober that day only having had 2 beers much earlier in the afternoon. Then Mae went around telling everybody that I saved his life. That was strange, since I hadn't. Quite frankly I was more interested in finding out the details of Derik's passing out as I had read of this strange phenomena occuring at Sigur Ros' concerts, previously.

No comments: