But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

3.12.2005

Drool!

There was a time I was spending a lot (too much) money on shoes. But I still reap the benefits. I'm putting together a little getup and out of my shoe-pile tumbles just the perfect pair. Most recently I rediscovered the last pair of shoes I bought for waiting tables. I bought them cheap at Ross. But then the other day I sported them with the only pair of Levi's I own and was like woah. It doesn't hurt that they're made by Reef who has the best surf gear ass- I mean ad campaign:


I've absolutely fallen in love with these shoes:


I always like to keep a good pair of wrestling shoes around. Asics makes the best. And I got turned on to the Onitsuka line of Asics by Raygun. I always wrestle in the most basic shoe because they always seem the best. The ones with pivot points and the like never work as well for me. I think because so much of wrestling is being out of position. There's a certain way to execute moves but if your wrestling a formidable opponent you have to be able to come from any angle. I must own these shoes soon.

No comments: