But man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated. --Ernest Hemingway

6.20.2005

The Y.

Haunted by dreams of the past. Tortured by realities of the future.

I had a good time catching up with my friend Sarah, saturday night. It'd been a long time. It's nice to know some things never change.

Man I'd sure like to hear that new Kings of Convenience CD. All I have is one of their remix albums. Am I a true fan?

I should be asleep by now. I go to work and sweat. I go to wrestling practice and sweat. I go to sleep and sweat. She's still cold as ice. And I'm so hot...

Rolling Stones' Exile on Main Street never gets old.

My hands are starting to look like the way I imagined they'd look when I got old. Knuckles are scarred. Lines in my palm are deeper and more pronounced. I've got man hands. They used to be soft.

I've fought and won. I've loved and lost.

The following quote is from a Pitchfork Media review of the rerelease of DJ Shadow's Endtroducing:

"And he also knows how it feels to be in that bin, like all of us on the way to our own graves, where we'll be trapped with all the other goners-- hoping someone will see something a little different and special in us, that might pull us out of the pile." -Chris Dahlen, June 10, 2005

I wish I had a wrestling partner my size.

No comments: